Accessibility Plan and Policies for Buchner Manufacturing Inc
This accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Buchner Manufacturing Inc. (“BMI”) will put into place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
BMI is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
BMI is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
BMI will provide training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
BMI will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible laws by January 1, 2015:
• Provide training via BMI’s online training web site;
• Provide both individual and group training to employees in person by qualified trainer
Information and Communications
BMI is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
BMI will take the following steps to ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2015:
• Provide contact information on BMI’s policy publicly posted
BMI will take the following steps to make sure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2016:
• Post in public view at each branch location
• Post on BMI website
BMI will take the following steps to make all websites and content conform to WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021:
• Retain the services of Eyelight Creative Marketing Services to update the Buchner Manufacturing Inc. website so that it conforms to WCAG Level 2 AA accessibility requirements
BMI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, BMI will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
• Include this statement on all BMI application forms and job postings and Career Section of BMI Website
• Add a clause to every Offer of Employment/Agreement which will include contact information of the person who will assist the employee to make any accommodation arrangements necessary.
BMI will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability:
• Communicate with employee and health care practitioner to determine what we can do to accommodate the employee
• Develop a Return to Work Plan with the employee that may include modified duties and hours of work as required
• Monitor progress on an ongoing basis or until full recovery, if applicable we will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account if BMI is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes:
• deliver performance reviews to each employee in person, discussing all areas of the review so that there is a clear understanding of his/her job expectations
• remove all barriers and/or modify job expectations and duties as needed in order to enable an employee with a disability to perform his/her duties efficiently
Design of Public Spaces
BMI will meet the Accessibility Standards for the design of public spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Public spaces include:
• Outdoor paths of travel, like sidewalks, ramps, stairs, curb ramps, rest areas and accessible pedestrian signals
• designated parking spaces clearly signed for staff and/or customers with disabilities
In the event of a service disruption to any accessible parts of our public spaces, BMI will give advanced notice to the public, and provide alternatives if available either via BMI web site or by signs clearly visible to the public.
For more information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact
Human Resources, attention J. Terry
Phone: 905-836-1506, ext. 201